Flash Sale – An Unfair Advantage To Boost Your Store Traffic and Eventually Sales
What is Flash Sale?
Flash Sale is a 24 Hours Limited Time Sale organized by Lelong.my that open to all sellers to participate. For now, seller is allowed to submit 5 products per week, you may refer to the schedule down below, or check your Flash Sale panel to find out more.
Why you should join Flash Sale?
- To enjoy additional exposure to highlight your store and your products
- To attract first time users to buy your products and try your services
- To use it as marketing tactic to attract buyers and encourage them to buy other products from your store
- It’s FREE to join
How It Works
Criteria to join Flash Sale
- Item based on categories
- RMXX Price discount % from the current promo price, according to categories
- Best price or at least on par across major platforms
- Inventory level depending on category – Min Quantity reserved
- Free Shipping (Peninsular Malaysia or Nationwide) is preferred but not compulsory
*Changing product profile picture is not one of the criteria but it will act as tip for participating sellers
Guidelines of Joining Flash Sale
Tips on what kind of deals work best:
- Submit your top selling products at cheaper price than current offer
- Big discount
- Super cheap price (Can be as low as RM1)
- Best price with free shipping
Below is a real Case Study in Lelong.my that how Flash Sale works well which 49 units sold within 1 hour.
|Weekly Cycle||Blast Out||Registration Start Date & Time||Registration End Date & Time||Submission Review Period||Scheduled To Live Period|
|Thursday||Thursday||Wednesday||Thursday – Friday||Monday – Sunday|
|1||20/12/2018||20/12/2018, 8am||26/12/2018, 11.59pm||27/12/2018 – 28/12/2018||31/12/2018 – 6/1/2019|
|2||27/12/2018||27/12/2018, 8am||2/1/2019, 11.59pm||3/1/2019 – 4/1/2019||7/1/2019 – 13/1/2019|
|3||1/3/2019||3/1/2019, 8am||9/1/2019, 11.59pm||10/1/2019 – 11/1/2019||14/1/2019 – 20/1/2019|
|4||10/1/2019||10/1/2019, 8am||16/1/2019, 11.59pm||17/1/2019 – 18/1/2019||21/1/2019 – 27/1/2019|
|5||17/1/2019||17/1/2019, 8am||23/1/2019, 11.59pm||24/1/2019 – 25/1/2019||28/1/2019 – 3/2/2019|
|6||24/1/2019||24/1/2019, 8am||30/1/2019, 11.59pm||31/1/2019 – 1/2/2019||4/2/2019 – 10/2/2019|
|7||31/1/2019||31/1/2019, 8am||6/2/2019, 11.59pm||7/2/2019 – 8/2/2019||11/2/2019 – 17/2/2019|
|8||7/2/2019||7/2/2019, 8am||13/2/2019, 11.59pm||14/2/2019 – 15/2/2019||18/2/2019 – 24/2/2019|
|9||14/2/2019||14/2/2019, 8am||20/2/2019, 11.59pm||21/2/2019 – 11/2/2019||25/2/2019 – 3/3/2019|
|10||21/2/2019||21/2/2019, 8am||27/2/2019, 11.59pm||28/2/2019 – 1/3/2019||4/3/2019 – 10/3/2019|
|11||28/2/2019||28/2/2019, 8am||6/3/2019, 11.59pm||7/3/2019 – 8/3/2019||11/3/2019 – 17/3/2019|
|12||7/3/2019||7/3/2019, 8am||13/3/2019, 11.59pm||14/3/2019 – 15/3/2019||18/3/2019 – 24/3/2019|
|13||14/3/2019||14/3/2019, 8am||20/3/2019, 11.59pm||21/3/2019 – 22/3/2019||25/3/2019 – 31/3/2019|
|14||21/3/2019||21/3/2019, 8am||27/3/2019, 11.59pm||28/3/2019 – 29/3/2019||1/4/2019 – 7/4/2019|
|15||28/3/2019||28/3/2019, 8am||3/4/2019, 11.59pm||4/4/2019 – 5/4/2019||8/4/2019 – 14/4/2019|
|16||4/4/2019||4/4/2019, 8am||10/4/2019, 11.59pm||11/4/2019 – 12/4/2019||15/4/2019 – 21/4/2019|
|17||11/4/2019||11/4/2019, 8am||17/4/2019, 11.59pm||18/4/2019 – 19/4/2019||22/4/2019 – 28/4/2019|
|18||18/4/2019||18/4/2019, 8am||24/4/2019, 11.59pm||25/4/2019 – 26/4/2019||29/4/2019 – 5/5/20219|
|19||25/4/2019||25/4/2019, 8am||1/5/2019, 11.59pm||2/5/2019 – 3/5/2019||6/5/2019 – 12/5/2019|
|20||2/5/2019||2/5/2019, 8am||8/5/2019, 11.59pm||9/5/2019 – 10/5/2019||13/5/2019 – 19/5/2019|
|21||9/5/2019||9/5/2019, 8am||15/5/2019, 11.59pm||16/5/2019 – 17/5/2019||20/5/2019 – 26/5/2019|
|22||16/5/2019||16/5/2019, 8am||22/5/2019, 11.59pm||23/5/2019 – 24/5/2019||27/5/2019 – 2/6/2019|
|23||23/5/2019||23/5/2019, 8am||29/5/2019, 11.59pm||30/5/2019 – 31/5/2019||3/6/2019 – 9/6/2019|
|24||30/5/2019||30/5/2019, 8am||5/6/2019, 11.59pm||6/6/2019 – 7/6/2019||10/6/2019 – 16/6/2019|
*Disclaimer: Above timeline & schedule is subject to changes if there is any big event or campaign
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: How can I know if I am eligible to participate in Flash Sale?
A: Seller must have a Netpay payment service for their store in order to participate in this campaign.
Q: Is it compulsory for me to participate in Flash Sale if I am invited?
A: Nope, however we encourage you to join so you can leverage on our effort for more exposure.
Q: When is the submission deadline for this Flash Sale?
A: The final cut-off time for submission will be fall at 6PM, every Wednesday. Late submissions will not be entertained. Anyway you are welcome to submit for next round of Flash Sale.
Q: I have submitted my products but I sent in the incorrect promo mechanism. What should I do?
A: If you wish to make any changes, please free to edit the changes that you want to make through the submission system on seller backend.
Q: What is “Best Priced Offer”?
A: Best Priced Offer means the best price that you could offer for flash sale (Also Known As “The Lowest Price”) as compared to your normal price/current selling price.
Q: Can I participate in Flash Sale by offering my own store promotion and let Lelong.my team to pick the item without submitting items?
A: No, you are required to submit your products and make sure the submitted products are the best price/lowest price that you could offer.
Q: What about shipping? When do I need to ship out the product?
A: Shipping is entirely based on the shipping duration you have stated in the product page.
Q: Can I update my product listing once I submitted my products in this Flash Sale after the submission period?
A: Seller is NOT ALLOWED to make any price changes after the submission period as our review team will start to review your submissions.
Q: What if I run out of stock during the Flash Sale? Can I update the stock quantity?
A: Yes, you are ALLOWED to update stock count during campaign period. However, please ensure you have enough inventories before the Flash Sale starts.
Q: Can I change my Store ID upon participating in Flash Sale?
A: No. Store ID is NOT ALLOWED to be changed upon participating in this Flash Sale.
Q: Will I still be charged on transaction fees?
A: Yes. LEC transaction fees / Lelong.my transaction fees will still be applied as usual. Any restricted/illegal products that are NOT ALLOWED to be sold in Lelong.my will also not be allowed to participate in Lelong.my sales campaign.
Q: Can restricted/illegal products (adult toys, firearms) be sold for this Flash Sale?
A: Any restricted/illegal products that are NOT ALLOWED to be sold in Lelong.my will also not be allowed to participate in Lelong.my sales campaign.
Q: Why were my products rejected?
A: The Flash Sale product selection process is discretion from Flash Sale team. Not all the submissions will be confirmed and locked for Flash Sale. Products nominated must adhere to the campaign requirements or they may risk rejection.
Possible reasons for rejection could be one of the following:
- Failed product level criteria – Undesirable product performance, eg. poor product rating and review, counterfeit products, preloved products, restricted products, pre-order products (days to ship > 5 days), product was featured too recently on Flash Sale, etc.
- Failed shop level criteria – Undesirable shop performance eg. sellers with high bad ratings, high order cancellation rate, under expectation delivery rate, etc.
- Price not competitive enough – Product nominated is not as competitive as other nominations based on absolute price or discount percentage, or the product nominated is not the lowest priced in the market
- Product not popular enough – Product nominated is not as competitive as other nominations based on historical orders, views gathered, etc
- Failed stock level criteria – Product nominated do not meet the min quantity required eg. Minimum 10 units for items below RM100 and miniumum 5 units for item above RM100. Also, product nominated is attractive but stock submitted is too low, making it not as competitive as other nominations. Product with stock level below nominated-stock at the time of locking will also fail (insufficient stock to be locked).
How Do I Join & Submit?
If you would like to join, kindly submit your products here: https://www.lelong.com.my/member/campaignproduct